Isn't it funny how folks have different nicknames for the various days of the week -- the "over-the-hump" Wednesday and T.G.I.F. Friday? I suppose it comes from the days when different jobs were assigned to different days. We are all so lucky to have modern appliances so we can accomplish all the jobs in a single day.
This has been a rather busy week around our household. The weather has suddenly turned warm and has given me the opportunity to get out in the garden to do some rose bush pruning. It is a daunting task each year as I have over 100 rose bushes. I try to get to them towards the end of December but just did not get the time this year. They seem to be fine with it as they are still producing some lovely roses. I actually picked two nice bouquets yesterday. I will cherish these last ones before the bushes come back with their spring flowers.
Yesterday was a day for getting the cars in the shop for regular servicing. I took our car in, got a ride home and then picked up my mom's car and took hers back when I picked mine up. All are in fine shape now and good for a few thousand miles more before a lube and oil is due. It is a nice feeling.
Our son's fundraiser for the CHP officer was a tremendous success. All three restaurants had their busiest days since starting -- 13 years ago. The community came together and really supported this family by eating pasta!!! Yesterday the "boys" were able to present the family with a check of close to $11,000.
Our #4 son sent us a photo of our newest grandson which I must share. I have already put the family phot on the fireplace mantle. (I have to get this picture thing down better as they automatically go to the top of the page and not where I want them inserted. Any help out there???)
Midlife Mom has tagged me for a meme on eight weird things about me. I'm not sure how to pronounce "meme' or what it really means, but I think that I need to make a list. So here goes:
1. I LOVE cleaning. The dirtier something is, the better I like it.
2. I have never met a machine that I did not like. I used to do all my own engine work on my car before I got married.
3. I am obsessed that dishes must drain dry. I feel dishtowels harbor all sorts of germs.
4. I do not like sponges for my dishes -- only dishcloths which can be bleached.
5. I can't stand going barefoot. Shoes go on first thing in the morning. Pretty weird, no?
6. I am a fabric hoard. Every nook and cranny in my house has fabric stashed in it.
7. I cry for any reason -- happy or sad. I often say that I am hooked up to the local water company.
8. I have awesome in-laws. I am so blessed with my children's choices.
Now, I wish I had someone else to tag. Hopefully I will once I get this blogging thing going.
Have a great weekend.
Have a great weekend.