Wednesday, May 19, 2021

Merry May

Happy May!  May is always such a busy month around here with birthdays, anniversaries, graduations, First Communions, Confirmations and Mother's Day squeezed in as well.  It seems like there is a celebration every day.  It is hard to believe that we are nearly half way through 2021 already.

Our youngest grandson moved out of the crib to a "big boy" bed and needed a new quilt to celebrate the event.  There is nothing more fun that an I Spy quilt for a three year old.  Years ago I was part of a novelty charm pack swap.  Those blocks helped with the variety of fabrics in the quilt.  The back I chose was a bug flannel which made for a very snuggly quilt.




May was the month for our most recent "Sewing with Friends" swap.  This year we sent our "ugly" fabrics to our swap partners and let them create something for us in return.  Ida's fabric was my May challenge.  I made her a fabric rope bowl and four coasters with her fabric.  




Several years ago I came across a pattern that I loved.  I printed it off and it just sat there.  This past week I finally pulled it out and sewed it together.  It will be nice to use it in Christmas decorating this year.  It is called Fair Isle and is by Freshly Pieced.  I believe it is still a free pattern.  



The college aged grandchildren are making their way back home for summer vacations so I am looking forward to a busy sewing room again.  

Lastly, the pups are now a month old and growing like weeds.  It has been so much fun to watch their playfullness as they have grown.  Ten puppies is A LOT of work!!!  I'm glad to be able to visit them and not raise them.  lol



18 comments:

  1. You have been busy! Sounds like such wonderful events with your family. Your grandson is adorable with his new quilt and bed. How fun! That quilt will keep him entertained for hours. Those puppies are adorable, too. Happy May! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, I think I can safely say your grandson's quilt gives me the creepy crawlies ;o) He looks very happy with it. Two great ways to use up ugly fabric! Fair Isle is very cute, and yay, will be done before Xmas!

    OMG those puppies are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't think the pups could get any cuter, but they have. They are so adorable. So is your grandson in his new bed, smiling bigtime under the eye spy quilt you made for him. They are all growing up so quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a great I Spy quilt. I never did get around to making one for Ava. The rope bowl is so pretty! I've always wanted to try making one of those.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, ten cute, mischievous puppies! Just look at your 'big boy' snuggled under his lovely quilt. He will have the best fun inspecting each fun block. Love your Christmas quilt. Happy times ahead for you, Mary, with summer just down your road.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your bowl it is so modern looking. I have the free pattern, someday perhaps. Oh the pups are getting so big. I know I wouldn't envy mama or the owners trying to keep up with that many pups.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great choice of fabrics for the big boy quilt! I know he was just thrilled! Mary ... I'm so impressed with the bowl! Have you done a tutorial or something for that?!? I need to make one of those! What a sweet surprise for your swap partner! Your Christmas quilt is wonderful! Would you believe I was singing Christmas songs this morning?! LOL! The puppies are so CUTE!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the backing on your GS fantastic quilt...great choice.
    Yes the year is flying past but you have some nice finishes to celebrate it so far...xox

    ReplyDelete
  9. You sure did have a very busy May.....
    Fabulous I Spy for your gorgeous youngest GS.. looks like he really loves it... nice cloud pillow too.
    Well done making the bowl and coasters for your swap.
    WOW! Ten energetic cute puppies, definitely a lot of work.....
    The Fair Isle quilt is fantastic....

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a cute I-Spy quilt for your little grandson! I think I-Spy quilts can be fun for all ages. He's a little sweetie and looks like he's ready to take on the world. Love your rope bowl and mat set, a gorgeous gift. It's a technique I'd love to learn one day. Ten puppies, that's a lot like babies, good that God gives them to the young and energetic!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy May to you too! Even though it is coming to an end already.

    Those puppies just look so snuggleable. (No idea how to spell that, or if it even is a word.)

    Your grandson looks very happy with his I-spy quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You certainly are prolific. I love the quilt for your grandson, so fun!
    Puppies-shows how out of touch I am with my blogging-I must go read about them. They are a lot of work, but so much fun.
    Hugs, Noreen

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a happy boy with his lovely new quilt!
    Those puppies are adorable ❤️
    Hanging in here with my sister. A rough week but she seemed to get over an infection and improve in the last day or so. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your grandson looks so happy with the wonderfully fun quilt!! That is a beautiful set you made for Ida. The Fair Isle quilt top looks amazing. Ten puppies! Lots of work and tons of fun. I would never get anything done, just watch those tails wag!!

    -Soma

    ReplyDelete
  15. The big boy quilt is sweet and I love your new Christmas quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a happy boy in his new cozy quilt! The smile says it all. How neat to stitch up a Christmas quilt that is so fresh and colourful looking. And I bet it feels good to have another finish.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Did you actually sew that red and green winter quilt in one week??? I love it!

    ReplyDelete