Thursday, July 10, 2014

Thoroughly Thursday


The weeks are just zipping along here.  Here we are in the middle of July already.

After working on the Trifle Dish QAL, I thought many of the rows would make great little table runners.  With July’s RSC14 color of red, I decided to make some red posies.

021

These became this making a nice 16x46” table runner.  It's been a great year for fabric selecting from my scrap bins.

025

That is about all of the sewing that I got done this week with houseguests and celebrating our country’s Independence Day. 

006

Our quilt guild had Gyleen Fitzgerald come and speak this week.  She was a great speaker – so witty and a wonderful quilt show too.  I had participated in her Pineapple Challenge about four years ago and enjoyed her technique.  You can see my Pineapple Quilt here.

015

I’ve had some exciting mail lately that I must share.  First was a win from Sherri of A Quilting Life.  These gorgeous fabrics arrived in my mailbox.  The colors are soooo pretty.   The fabric is Moda Printemps Pond.
 
027

As well, I was the lucky winner of three Gigi's Thimbles patterns at A Little Bit Biased.  I really think I need to try the Fresh Cut design as I think I have a few granddaughters who would claim it right away.   Thanks, Amber.

026

Onwards with July!

24 comments:

  1. Having 2 redheads I seem to zero in on them like polka dots! I spy a redheaded boy wearing a turquoise t-shirt. I imagine all of your family get togethers are festive. Very cute table runner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh Mary!!!!....love the posie rubber, and your nice wins

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your tablerunner. It turned out really nice. Congrats on your wins. I entered both and it was good to see someone I knew win. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on all your wins lately! I just love seeing how all your projects have been coming along!

    ReplyDelete
  5. When I seen that posey pattern , I also thought it would make a great runner and you have proved that fact , it is gorgeous . Looks like you had a fun time with family on the 4th , how nice . Congrats on your great wins :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your posse runner, Mary! That was a great idea! Your family gatherings look like so much fun. Congratulations on your wins - good ones!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your runner is wonderful! Also, you know I just love knowing you are well cared for with that wonderful family of yours!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Perfect pattern for a runner and it turned out so cute. Looks like everyone enjoyed family time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your table runner, great wins

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your little flowers, and the runner is beautiful! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on your wonderful winnings. Love your tablerunner!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely winnings. And your table runner is wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've picked some fabric from the scrap drawers to make some of the moda flowers - but that's as far as it's got so far! I was thinking of a cushion but now I've seen your lovely version - maybe a tablerunner would be a good idea!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations on those winnings! The posies were one of my favorite rows from the trifle quilt. Love it as a table runner!

    ReplyDelete
  15. so pretty as a summer runner....congrsts on your winnings

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love that table runner made from those flower blocks. Happy 4th July, sorry a few days late to wish you. You would enjoy the visitors for special day - Hugs Nat

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your posies and I think you'll be busy with all the new fabric and patterns! Congrats on the wins! How neat to see all the family at your party too!

    ReplyDelete
  18. The flowers worked nicely for a table runner. I also saw someone made them into a baby girl's quilt. It's such a pretty and versatile block!

    I also read about your pineapple quilt. That's one I haven't attempted. I had to make a block for a swap once when I first started quilting and that was enough for me!

    My husband also likes a good car ride with lots of scenery! Me, I prefer home;)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love your table runner! I need to make a door prize quilt for our lake association and it's inspired me to try a runner this year. Thanks for sharing the photo.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh that party looks like so much fun...wish I could have been there.

    Thanks for sharing the quilts...sounds like a great show.

    Smiles,
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  21. The runner looks so pretty, love the little posies! Congratulations on the wins, I know you will think of something pretty to make with them!

    -Soma

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow, two lovely wins there. The fabric is very pretty and I loved Amber's patterns. I entered that contest too. I imagine that your family gatherings are noisy! Just due to sheer numbers. And of course, fun.

    ReplyDelete