Sunday, September 27, 2026

Autumn Arrival

 It’s hard to believe that autumn has arrived.  I am a summer lover so I can’t say that I’m thrilled to see it, but our temps have still been to my liking and my zinnias are still making me feel that it’s still summer.  


The month has been a strange one where I’ve found myself at home more than normal.  I managed to catch that yucky cold that is making the rounds and then my new car had a computer module go out.  Although they did give me a loaner vehicle, the car was in the shop for a week and a half waiting for the part to arrive.  It’s pathetic when you are looking up on Chat GPT to figure out how to turn off your car engine.  I saw this on IG and I could relate.  



The silly car would not turn off, every light on the car was lit and you couldn’t shift it into gear.  They wouldn’t tow it to the dealer because it was in park and still running.  The engine eventually stopped but all lights were still lit.  After five hours the car decided to do a strobe light show with blinking lights for all the neighbors to enjoy!  I was just grateful that the alarm did not go off.  The battery eventually died and the towing flatbed came out the next morning to tow it to the shop, but not before they had to do some special maneuvers to secure the wheels since they still could not change gears to neutral.  Computers!  Give me my old VW bug with a simple engine!

Anyway…..being at home gave me a chance to get some sewing done.  We have had four new great grandbabies in the last year.  I’ve had patterns, fabric and blocks sewn for some of them for the last year.  I finally got all four finished.  I’m counting these as completed UFOS and linking them up with Freemotion by the River https://conniekresin.com/september-2026-quilt-ufo-challenge/

First up is my sailboat quilt.  The boats are made from plaid shirts and the quilting pantograph is of fish and water, Simple Fish, from Intelligent Quilting.



Next up is Dragon Dreams.  I love this pattern and have made it before.


Number three is Little Fox Quilt from Bound Co.  This was a fun one to make.  Quilting pantograph is Abstract Butterfly.


Lastly, we have Welcome to My Pad from Art East Co. The fireflies in this quilt are made with glow in the dark fabrics.  The quilting pantograph is called Buzz.



Another bit of sewing was my monthly Confetti Star blocks in magenta.  These will be linked up to  Freemotion by the River.  We only have three more months to complete our year of color.



I saw this cute pattern on Instagram for Halloween potholders from Simply Eilene. I’ve made several this month with leftover scraps.  They are quick and fun to make.



The storms in the Atlantic and Pacific are sounding very threatening to many.  I hope all are staying safe.  Our predicted El Niño winter might be very interesting.  I just hope the rains come, but at a pace they can be absorbed.




No comments:

Post a Comment