While the month seems to be racing to the finish line, I am savoring the wrap up of summer. The daylight hours are shortening and I’m noticing of few of the leaves starting to change already. A lot of the children have already returned to school and I find myself asking where the time has gone.
I’ve enjoyed a bit of fun sewing this month. Like so many, I am being pulled in by all of the cute patterns that pop up on the various websites. I stitched up a couple of pencil pouches for returning students. I fell in love with this whale pouch from Sew a Story.
Then I repurposed some blue jeans with this fun little pouch. This was a freebie on IG, but I didn’t jot down the maker. There are lots available that are similar.
The grandchildren have been over for sewing during the summer. I am going to miss having them around as much, but we did accomplish a lot this summer. It has been fun to watch their skills develop as they became more comfortable. This was our final summer stitching for this one.
I did manage to finish up my color challenge stars in purple for August. I’ll be linking these up at Freemotion by the River. There are only four more months to go.
The garden has been so productive this year with our unusually warm weather. Canning has been in full swing around here. As well, the zinnias continue to be prolific. The plumerias have thrived in the heat and humidity, unlike many people.









No comments:
Post a Comment