Tuesday, August 4, 2026

Feather and Flair Blog Hop

 Connie at Freemotion by the River  asked me if I would like to participate in a blog hop that she is having to highlight her first Signature Collection of Island Batik’s Lumin fabrics, designed by Jerry Khiev.    I was honored to say yes and once you see these fabrics, I’m sure you will see why.


The greens and aquas were calling my name, but I ended up choosing more autumn colors with fall knocking on the door here.  As I have found with the Island Batik fabrics, they were a dream to stitch.  My inspiration came from a photo that a friend recently shared with me of a tile floor from the Immaculate Conception church in Blarney, Ireland.  How many quilters are inspired by tiled floors?








Tile floor inspiration 


My finished piece is about 30” square and makes a great table topper or wall hanging.  Currently, I have it on the dining room table and the colors just pop.  

I sewed too many Flying Geese units so I wanted to put those into a smaller autumn project.  Connie is wonderful about sharing free projects and this is a mug rug that she has as a free pattern on her site.  The geese made a perfect backing for it, making it a reversible mug rug.



I also made a little coin/card wallet to carry when I don’t want to take my bulky purse shopping with me.  It’s perfect for carrying a few cards, some folded cash, a key fob and some change.  It easily fits in a pocket and there is no need to worry about a purse in the shopping cart.  



Be sure to check out the other fabrics and participants in the hop and sign up for a GIVEAWAY at Freemotion by the River for a chance to win a fat quarter bundle of the Feathers and Flair fabrics.






4 comments:

  1. I love the colors you chose. The table topper is stunning. I also like the little wallet you made. So cute and not bulky for shopping trips! Treat job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow what a beautiful table topper Mary! Cute mug rugs and that little coin purse is so useful. Thank you so much for taking part in my blog hop, your quilting really sets off the design!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! The table topper is stunning. I love the mug rug and wallet also.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have created a beautiful table topper and recreated the tile floor pattern perfectly! I love the colors you chose--wonderfully fall! The mug rug and little wallet are neat as well! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete