Tuesday, February 18, 2020

Hello Again

Wow....almost three months have passed since I last posted.  Since then Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years and Valentine's Day have come and gone.  All were fabulous, by the way.  Why haven't I posted?  Really there are several reasons.  I have to figure out a better way to import my photos since I had to get a new computer.  It has been a real challenge for me.  Also, what is happening with Blogger that it will not allow me to comment on some blogs?  I write these comments and they never show up.  I thought it was just the new computer, but it is also happening on my iPad.  All of these changes are so frustrating.

Rather that try to go back to November, I'll just share some of the highlights.  The holiday always brings on the yearly Quiltville Mystery QAL.  I really enjoy participating in the event and I always pick up a hint or two in the process of making them.  Although the colors this year were completely out of my comfort zone, I managed to use fabrics already in my stash.  I did change the borders as I could face no more pinks!!  Now I have a gazillion leftover HSTs to use somewhere.



The holidays are always so hectic here.  When the new year rolled around here I just wanted to sew something that was "quiet."  I had an old jelly roll that fit the need.





We had our annual family snow trip and spent a little time at the beach.

DH with our "daughters".



Our Gridster Bee is busy again this year with cute ideas.  Carol requested the TV blocks and Elizabeth is queen this month with her Sawtooth block and envelope signature block.  Instructions for her cute blocks are on her website.




To celebrate a couple of holidays, a few minis were made here.  The heart is a free tutorial found at Freemotion by the River blog.


Temecula Quilt free pattern


I picked my winter "mini" pineapple and it was delicious - so sweet and juicy.  If you are interested in raising your own pineapple, it takes a few years.  Just dry out the top of a fresh pineapple, plant it in a pot and w...a...i….t!  I have an ongoing pineapple garden here.

Size compared to tangerine.

I will try to be better about posting, but if you are not seeing a comment from me on your posts, it could very possibly be because I can't.

19 comments:

  1. Good to see you're back to blogging! Your latest comment appeared on my blog, and hopefully has transferred to my gmail for a reply. I know some folks have written to me saying they've left comments on past posts but they never show up, not sure what is causing that. You've been busy with your quilt tops, I always love Bonnie's mysteries but not all the little pieces, so must admire everyone's from afar. Yours looks great with the dark border, as well as all those minis. Love that television screen block - too cute! Your mini pineapple is so plump! We have another plant started from a side shoot from the one that took over our tiny sunroom for 3 years. Hoping it will begin growing with the longer daylight of spring. They are fun to raise!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the changes you made to Frolic. The dark sashing and your borders make it beautifully unique.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is lovely to visit you and see what gorgeous quilts you have been making. Both are amazing....so much beautiful piecing. It sounds as if you have enjoyed lots of special family times over the last months. As for Blogger, it is always a puzzle as to what is happening. These problems seem to affect some but not others. Oh the 'joys' of cyberspace!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great border on Frolic.. I agree it's very pink and lots of pieces...
    Really like the Jelly Roll Quilt.. Nice minis and blocks ...
    The pineapple looks yummy.
    Lovely family shots..
    Blogger can be a pain!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this post. Your Jelly Roll quilt is very pretty. Nice and quiet. Personally, I love the fabrics in the Mystery QAL. Your family trip looks like it was fun. I didn't know that you could plant the top of a pineapple. I want to try that. Your little pineapple is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely jelly roll quilt! And your Frolic border treatment actually makes me want to make this quilt! It frames and enhances those blocks perfectly. Your minis are also wonderful. The Tiny Tree looks lovely. I wasn't so pleased with the finish on mine as I didn't like the background fabric I used after messing up my first choice. I'm tempted to sew another. I had a lot of fun with those little blocks.
    Sorry to hear about your commenting frustration. I had that trouble awhile back as my Google log in wasn't working on some blogs. I wish I could remember what fixed it but I barely understood it at the time even (LOL) Your sweet comment did show up on my post though. I remember it had something to do with the settings and cookies, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome back. I love all your projects. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness, both quilts are awesome! Beautiful work!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! So much quilty goodness happening at your house. Both quilts are gorgeous! You did a great job working out of your comfort zone on that first one. I’m quite smitten with those tv blocks! Too much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. i have had that problem to don't know why, blogger I guess

    ReplyDelete
  11. Blogger is doing weird things...makes me glad I didn't switch to Blogger when so many other blogs did. Beautiful quilts...Frolic is definitely a bright quilt and your other quilt was the perfect foil for it. I love saving bonus HST's...Frolic did produce a ton of them!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey Mary, how nice to see you again! You had several cute seasonal projects finished! I love your Frolic! And that pineapple -- terrific fruits of a patient nature/nurture!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well you may not have been blogging but it looks like you have been very busy. I really like your borders on Frolic. You are the only person I know who managed to get points on the Temecula Xmas tree (are you going to do the heart?). LOVE your quiet quilt and ADORE the TV block - too crazy cute.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your post is just filled with quilty goodness....love the quilts...you are one busy gal.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nice tiny tree. Frolic is gorgeous, as well as the other projects. Looks like great family time too.

    ReplyDelete
  16. The two quilts are so different, yet very beautiful. The quiet one is more to my taste, but I like the other too. The photos really captured the spirit of being together and happy times. Lovely minis and such fun bee blocks!! I have never tried growing pineapples before, that does sound easy. Waiting though is another matter. Loved reading this post, Mary!

    -Soma

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your minis are SO cute!! And times with the family are always the BEST.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Well everyone on my bloglist except you has not posted in over a year so you are doing well, my friend. My last post was February of last year! Anyway...I always love anything which has the snails trail block in it and love, love, love your Christmas tree wall hanging. I'm going to do one this year with mini charms, I think. So how big does the pineapple tree get? I'm doing well to try to grow a lemon tree. I actually got 6 lemons last year!

    ReplyDelete