Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Rushing About





As I am maniacally rushing about I will attempt to post a quick update on the last few weeks. It has been extremely busy and loads of fun.




We have been entertaining dear friends who have been visiting from England. This is a couple we met while we lived in England in 1972. Since the "guys" are in the same industry we have had the opportunity to get together at various conferences throughout the years.




The past week has been filled with golf, house hunting, shopping, quilting, beach visits, dining experiences and many, many laughs. I mention the house hunting as it is their dream to sell their home north of London, buy a smaller place and then purchase an additional small place close to us. They love our area and we are thrilled at the thought that they might be neighbors.




They departed Sunday and that evening the kids and all the grandchildren came over to celebrate Grandpa's birthday.




It is always the grandchildren's favorite thing to take tractor rides around the yard after dark. Grandpa tried to turn the headlamps on and there was no light. After many "brilliant" heads got together a severed cable was located.




Repair was swift and the kids were merrily on their way. Of course there is always and uncle or two waiting to pop out of the darkened areas of the yard to enhance the thrill.




Monday was a day of cleanup after no housework for a week and a big party on Sunday night. Today was spent preparing for a business convention that we will leave for in the morning. It will be in San Diego so we will be driving. Yeah! No airport security to deal with. We will be back on Sunday and I will then catch up on all the blogs that I am so dearly missing.


A quick thank you to Alice Grace for a delightful new award. Since I enjoy so many blogs I really appreciate that someone enjoys reading my ramblings as well. There are so many deserving bloggers out there. I will have to put on my thinking cap and get back to you on the next winners.

Meanwhile, until next week sometime, I wish all of you a wonderful week. I will return as soon as possible so please do not give up on me yet.

14 comments:

  1. What fun!! I love having the family together like this and also having friends to join in. I do miss those times. Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your week sounds fun filled! How exciting that would be if your friends could find that 2nd home near you.
    Enjoy San Diego. We love our visits there and have lots of favorite spots :)
    Happy belated birthday to your husband. Bill's is tomorrow (10th)
    Thanks for your prayers for C's situation. They're much appreciated!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, it sounds like you had a fun week with family and friends. I love times like those. Just got back from a weekend with the clan. Enjoy San Diego! It's one of my favorite areas in the world. If we ever become rich, we'll retire in La Jolla :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fun you have had with your friends from London! What a compliment that they want a place here, too.
    Enjoy your trip to San Diego! I lived there twice many years ago when first married to my Navy husband. We loved it there.
    You deserved the award, your blog is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I just love the pic of the kids having the ride with the tractor, feel like I can hear the giggles.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the tractor riding, but especially the uncles popping out to give a little scare! I would have loved that as a child!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That looks like a fine time! Enjoy, enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like everyone had a wonderful time. The tractor rides sound like a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  9. San Diego sounds like fun. And to have good friends move close - what a great thought!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your week sounds busy but fun! Enjoying the company of friends and family is always a blessing! Thanks for sharing! Keep well!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What fun for the children and Grandpa.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wouldn’t that be fun if your friends from London moved here? You could giggle all the time! ;-)

    Cute photos from your husband's BD celebration. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks like you have been having agreat time-loved the birthday pics, tracey

    ReplyDelete