Wednesday, March 9, 2022

Spring in the Air

 I know that a lot of people do not care for Daylight Savings Time, but I am so excited for this weekend and "springing ahead" an hour.  I love the longer hours of daylight.  

With several new babies in the family, I needed to get started on some baby quilts - my favorite kind of quilts to make.  I dug through some of my red fabrics to create hearts.  The pattern is With Love from Gigis Thimble.  It is currently in the process of being quilted, but I grabbed a few shots of it on the line before I started the quilting.  I am terrible at following directions these days.  Instead of sixteen hearts, I made twenty five.  I may just have to make a second quilt. 



Lots of time has been spent in the garden lately.  Plants have been divided and transplanted with the arrival of spring.  Meanwhile, the cymbidiums are all starting to bloom.  Many of these are plants were my dads at one time.  It's always nice to see them continuing to bloom.  He had quite the green thumb.  






The roses are also ready to burst open.  These little Angel Face roses were eager to be among the first blooms.


The Gerbera daisies are also prolific right now.  I love this wall hanging vase that was a gift from a dear friend.  


I saw this on the internet the other day and thought it sadly humorous.  While out today the cheapest gas I saw was $6/gallon.  Ouch!  




13 comments:

  1. I too love daylight savings, Mary. Your flowers are looking gorgeous. Those cymbidiums are amazing. Beautiful memories of your green- thumb dad. Baby quilts are always fun to make and your gorgeous heart-filled one is lovely. Yes, you must, must make another.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute baby quilt. Your flowers are gorgeous and how awesome that your father started them. Love the vase, and gas prices....nuff said. I am happy I work about 7 miles from home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sure looks like you have a green thumb, too! Your flowers are gorgeous. And how cute is that heart quilt?! I love your fabric choices and the design. I may have to look at that pattern myself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a clever heart pattern! Your flowers are really beautiful.
    I'm not such a fan of daylight saving but at least we'll be back in line with the cat feeding schedule. They never approved of the time change last fall. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet baby quilt. I'm sure it will be well loved. Your flowers are beautiful and so special to be from your Dad. It will be another 2 months before I can even think about gardening here. Right now it's white with snow outside.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really beautiful quilt and flowers. I'm chuckling about money gone. We are trying hard to not drive anywhere and have been doing this for sometime. I would have never thought gas prices would be this high in my lifetime. I'm seeing signs of people stealing gas out of cars, so be careful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Too funny about the money gone, not really funny when it hits the pocket book. It is 3.99 here...crazy. I say drill USA drill. Love all of your flowers and your quilt is just adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You inherited your father's green thumb. Your flowers already look amazing. Your With Love quilt is so pretty. With 9 extra blocks you are more than half way towards the next quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy spring to you!
    All of your orchids are just gorgeous.
    Our petrol prices are higher than they have ever been too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. chuckling at your making 25 hearts instead of 16, that is so like something I would do! Your quilt looks great though!
    Jillxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. The heart quilt is so pretty!! Everything in your garden looks beautiful. I specially love the Gerbera daisies. I was wonderful about the angle of that photo, and then I read about your wall hanging vase. What a fabulous idea.

    -Soma

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your heart quilt is adorable and your flowers are so incredible. No flowers like that in my yard...darn! Had to laugh at the Moneygon, but it really isn't funny. I can't imagine what a road trip during the summer vacation time will cost!

    ReplyDelete
  13. With Love is such a pretty pattern. I love the lattice.

    ReplyDelete