Sunday, September 23, 2018

So Dearly Part 6

Today is my day to share Part 6 of the So Dearly QAL hosted by Gosia at Quilts My Way.



We are approaching the end of our QAL.  With just two more parts to come, I'm sure everyone is getting a good idea of our end design.

I had decided on a neutral color range right from the beginning and I am so glad that I did.


I have a funny story about my brick colored background fabric.  I bought it months ago at my LQS for another project, but it wasn't quite right.  At the time I purchased it, I left about a half yard on the bolt.  Fast forward several months and I started to get concerned that I might not have enough for my QAL.  I went back to see if I could locate the maker and possibly order more.  As you know, batiks do not have identification on them.  Lo and behold, that half yard was STILL there.  Needless to say, I bought it!

These are my completed sections.  So....what do you think it will be????



Time remains to join us.  The patterns are still available and there are some great prizes to be had and a special prize for young participants.





12 comments:

  1. Your QAL looks like a deer to me. How funny, I thought it would be a tree all along, until now. It looks fabulous. Lucky you to be able to purchasing the remaining 1/2 yard of the batik.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That fabric was meant to be yours. I’m just amazed at how perfectly your choice of colors is working with the design and you didn’t know what you were making. Looking forward to seeing the finish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We actually have bucks like your block roaming in our neighborhood these days. There are quite a few more deer this year for some reason. This is going to be a beautiful picture. You definitely chose the perfect fabrics in this mystery.
    I'm off to Arnold today for the start of another year of quilt retreat. She says the trees are looking like fall this year and the mornings are cool. I hope to get two quilt tops sewn together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Mary I think your design is a reindeer,love the back ground fabric and glad that you could get some more,beautiful work my friend xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahaha! It's definitely a big ol' buck! Makes me think of a walk in the autumn woods. Nicely done -- he's looking very handsome!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sew lucky the rest of the fabric was waiting for you...
    I'm thinking a Moose?

    ReplyDelete
  7. It was great visiting you again, Mary. I didn't want to bombard you with comments, the quilts look beautiful in your other posts! This one is going to look great done in those colours. You got so lucky with the background fabric. It is such a beautiful one.

    -Soma

    ReplyDelete
  8. Warm colours and subtle tones. Your version is beautiful Mary! And much more realistic than mine ... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Deerly looks nice and I'm glad you were able to obtain that last half yard, hopefully it'll be enough!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks like a buck or bull moose. And I love your color choices!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your version is so beautiful Mary ! I love the colors :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lucky you to find that bolt of fabric! But I do think you lead a charmed quilty life, and we are the beneficiaries. Fun to see this come together!

    ReplyDelete