Thursday, December 27, 2012

Sharing Christmas

Christmas came so quickly and now is stored into our memories.  It is hard to believe that we are closing out on 2012 and getting ready to ring in the new year.

I managed to finish up my projects before they needed to be unwrapped.  Isn't that always a great feeling? 



This was such a fun and fast knitted project that I made three of them.

A closer look at the yarn - so lacy and pretty.


We had such a wonderful Christmas at our house.  The anticipation (and noise level) peaked early in the evening with all of the children here.  Our home is definitely NOT the place to be if you like a quiet Christmas. 

Wall to wall bodies!

Hmm...Your head feels as bald as mine!!!

Why do little girls always want to dress up little boys?

Baby Frosty.

  It's nice to have little believers here on Christmas morning.


One tradition we do each year is to drive through the neighborhood and look at all of the lights with the little ones.  I let them use my "special" glasses this year and they were thrilled to see the snowmen and wreaths when they looked at the lights.



Our house guests left yesterday morning and then it was a nose to the grindstone cleaning, laundry and sorting out day.  Today was errands and, hopefully, a little time reacquainting myself with my sewing machine.  I am looking forward to it.

I've have several lovely packages arrive in the mail in the last few days.   The first to arrive was this fabulous messenger bag from a Blog Hop win from Polly at Polly's Porch.  I love the size of this and the fabrics are wonderful.  Her work on it is so well done.   Thanks so much, Polly.  I will get a lot of use out of it.  Polly also has a wonderful tutorial featured today at Moda Bake Shop.




Another Blog Hop win was from Frieda from Walks in the Woods - Art Quilts.  Her work is AMAZING and I was thrilled to have won a few of her patterns, some hand dyed fabrics and threads.  I am looking forward to trying the heavenly looking Peace quilt.  If you have not visited her blog before I recommend you checking out her eye candy.


Today the mailman stopped and left me some terrific Gutermann threads from Debuko - all the way from Poland - at Quilts My Way.  These are terrific neutral colors and I KNOW they will be put to great use.

I am hoping to keep up with my Easy Street Mystery quilt now that I have a bit more time.  These are the blocks for this week - turquoise with purple.  I can hardly wait to start on the lime greens.  While I am trying to keep up with one Easy Street, Connie at FreeMotion By the River is doing two, one in orange, red and yellows.  It looks gorgeous too.




All in all, it has been a wonderfully busy week around our house to finish off a good 2012.  I wish for a healthy and blessed 2013 to all of you.

 

41 comments:

  1. Mary, your family looks so happy and your gifts are wonderful. Happy new year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great family pics Mary. It looks like you had a great Christmas. We did here too...the little ones all brought skates and the pond was in great shape for it!! They played hockey in the afternoon...worked off that dinner.....lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love hearing of everyone's Christmas memories while they are so fresh in the mind! It seems ages since my son and his family left and that was just yesterday! But the house is so much quieter now - and I loved all the noise and fun that a small one brings with her.

    Happy New Year, Mary! I wonder what 2013 has in store for us all.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh what lovely pictures you have shared of your Christmas! What a blessing to be able to spend time with family. Looks like terrific mail boxes arrived from all those wins from giveaways! I just love the Mug Rug that started this post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow, you have a large and beautiful family! Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful post! And your family is so beautiful and precious. Love the mug-rugs and scarves, you are so talented! Hugs and Happy New Year, Kerrie ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful post! Thank you so much for taking the time to share your family :) I wish you many, many happy wishes for the new year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like a wonderful Christmas. Love all your family pics. Great wins on the blog hops.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the photo's of the little ones! Your gifts are wonderful. Glad you had such a good time!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Family Christmases with little ones is so nice. I hope we get to join up some units into blocks on Easy Street this week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That was certainly a houseful for Christmas! How fun. Little Frosty is just the cutest!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh how wonderful to have wall to wall bodies. so much fun and happiness to have lots of little ones to share Christmas with.....
    thanks for sharing..

    Love Polly's work always beautiful. you sewlucky to have won her bag..

    Lots of great useful goodies you received too.
    Have fun sewing your mystery with Connie.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds like a boisterous but enjoyable Christmas! Our Christmas Day is tomorrow because SIL had to work 25th, 26th and 27th. So I'm typing this in a time warp -- for us it's only Christmas Eve!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a wonderfully big crew...so nice for all the little cousins to spend time together. Enjoy your wins!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a wonderful post to read! Loved seeing your special day, the wonderful wins, and those gorgeous Easy Street fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  16. It looks and sounds like you have had a wonderful Christmas time with all your family. Have a blessed New Year

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love those thread colors. I need to stock up on pretty threads. In the past, I used any old inexpensive threads I could find in my machine, but now that I have my Bernina, I want to take good care of her and use good quality threads (i.e., less lint). I need to restock my thread supply.

    ReplyDelete
  18. In my excitement about your thread, I forgot to mention what a beautiful family you have. It sounds like you had a wonderful Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  19. You have a beautiful family Mary. And yes, they fill the house wall to wall. Loved the little frosty costume. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Looks like you had a great Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I will say that you did have a house full,but it looks like lots of fun and love there.
    I hope that you and yours are blessed in the New Year.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  22. I just love all those pics of the kids and babies. You guys have such a crowd now! And little Frosty the Snowman, too cute! It looks like you had a great Christmas.

    Merry Christmas season, and happy 2013! (eeeek!)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Mary, such a sweet post -- what a darling, sweet family you have! I love the knitted, lacy scarf you made -- it's gorgeous! How did you learn to do this?! You gave (and got) some pretty marvelous gifts!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great mug rugs! Super family pics - everyone all smiling and happy.. so fun.
    Love your scarf.

    ReplyDelete
  25. You have a beautiful home and family. Happy New Year to you!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Looks like fun was had by all!!! Love your wins too!! Merry Christmas & Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. It looks like you had a blessed Christmas. I really love this time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  28. What a great Christmas! Love all the stuff you hand made! I bought several of those gorgeous scarves this year and love them! My hairdresser is selling them in his shop for a young lady who makes them. They make great presents!

    Happy New Year friend!

    ReplyDelete
  29. It looks like a kindergarten:) Your family is beautiful,Mary!!!
    I wish You and Your family Happy New Year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. I love your Christmas pictures - perfectly Christmas! blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete
  31. Wow you have been a busy needlingmom all right. Great work, thanks for a look at what Christmas looks like with grand babies! Happy New Year!
    Carli

    ReplyDelete
  32. I'm not sure why little girls want to dress up little boys, but we have that issue with our grandkids too. lol! Looks like you had a wonderful Christmas season with your family:)

    ReplyDelete
  33. Beautiful photos mant memories of pure joy..to more in2013

    ReplyDelete
  34. Thanks for sharing your family and quilting projects with us. Wishing you a Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  35. How wonderful to have "wall to wall" family! It looks so warm and happy. =)

    hugZ,
    annie

    ReplyDelete
  36. Looks like you had a wonderful Christmas with the family, great family photos! Congrats on your wins, they are always fun to receive aren't they!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Finally catching up with my blog reading....looks like everyone had a good time for Christmas....my Sis and I used to love to dress my little brother up too! The messenger bag is so pretty and you will have fun with your new projects....still waiting to see your Just Takes2 come to life!

    ReplyDelete
  38. All the pictures of the little ones are SO cute!! You certainly did have a house full. I'm happy to have things slow down a bit. Quilting is a great thing to do on grey January days.

    ReplyDelete
  39. You certainly have the room for wall to wall bodies. I guess the noise level was high when all the presents were opened.

    Those scarves are popular here too. Quick and easy for adding a bit of colour without being too warm.

    ReplyDelete
  40. Christmas joy Mary. Thanks for sharing the photos with us. The kids are gorgeous - hugs Nat

    ReplyDelete
  41. Visiting via Stitchin by the Lake...love your Christmas mugs rugs. The embroidered trees are awesome. Where did you get the design?

    ReplyDelete