Saturday, July 7, 2018

Summer Has Arrived

Summer has finally arrived and it is packing a punch.  The high yesterday was 107* and is right up there again today.  The heatwave is suppose to break this evening and take us back to more seasonal temperatures.  I finally get to add those red fabrics to my Temperature Quilt.

It has been a busy week.  They were suppose to start on refinishing the wood floors on Friday, but that got postponed until Monday.  The closets, drawers and curios are now all emptied in anticipation.  Lots of purging has gone on here.

As well, we had the big July 4th party on Wednesday.  We do the BBQ and everyone brings side dishes so it makes it easier.  Games are played during the day and then the little ones light sparklers when it gets to be dusk.




My cousin's son is in L.A. for a summer internship so he and his friend joined us as well.


June was my month to be queen in our Gridster Bee.  I just love seeing the variation of the fabrics.  I'm looking forward to getting all of these together.


Several years ago I participated in the MCM Bee.  For my month I chose blocks to create the Woven pattern.  The blocks had been boxed up for too long.  I pulled them all out and added some more to create this layout.  I am calling it Sand and Sea.  It will be fun to get this one finished.


One last bit of sewing here.  While these little ones were staying with us this week, we had a chance to make some pink polka dot pajama bottoms.  The girls both loved them and didn't want to take them off.  Win/win!


I'm hoping to get some good sewing time in the next few weeks while they work on the floors.  I certainly won't be cleaning house!  That will come afterwards.  SIGH.

14 comments:

  1. Wow what beautiful work you do ,love the hearts and your sea and sand and how cute are those polka dot pj's i wouldnt tack them off either,lol,its always nice having grandies visit. Good luck with your floors xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all the family pictures. You're blessed. You've inspired me to get some pajama bottoms made with the kids. :) Hope the cool breezes come soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep that's hot and some very bright red blocks for the temp quilt.If I was making one I'd have to put in blues, been freezing here.
    Love the Sand to Sea blocks and will be a lovely quilt.
    Lots of pretty hearts.What fun making the pink polka dots jammie bottoms..
    Fabulous family time and I always love seeing your photos.
    Have fun sewing while your floors get done..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pictures of your family. Love the sand and sea quilt. I am envious that you are going to get your floors done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your fabrics in Sand and Sea! It will be a lovely quilt. So glad you had time to spend with your lovely family over the holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think your sand and sea quilt top looks very restful, and will make a wonderful summer quilt. I'd love to get our floors redone, but expect it will be the next homeowner who does that! Hope you get more time to sew, but happy to see your summer is filled with fun and family!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What great fun! My son and family came last weekend and we went to see fireworks. My granddaughter turned fived on July 5, so we did some celebrating early. It was delightful. I adore both of your quilts. I cannot imagine the hubbub surrounding having floors refinished. About seven years ago I remodeled most of the downstairs and it was a nightmare. At one time the frig was in the livingroom while they were redoing the kitchen. I'm glad that we did it though. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, you are getting that red you've been waiting for. Wow! 107* beats us.

    Those pj bottoms are fun. I want to make ME a pair.

    Love your Sand and Sea quilt. Those are some of my favorite colors.

    ReplyDelete
  9. With as busy as you are you can still crank out some awesome quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  10. My favorite photos should be of those fun quilt blocks all arrayed, but I have to say my favorite photo today is that first one of all the families playing games all in red, white and blue clothing. The perfect expression of the 4th of July! Looks like a fun gathering, and a great way to celebrate the Fourth.

    Your heart blocks look terrific, and I had forgotten about the Sea and Sand. That will be a perfect quilt to work on for summer, and while you get your floors refinished. I'm sure you'll survive that mess, as long as you have something to keep you busy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hopefully with all the purging it will be much faster to put things back in place once they finish the work. What a fun 4th of July party. I love to see all the cousins together in your photos. You can't say no to polka dot pajama bottoms, I am not surprised they didn't want to take them off. Both of those quilts are going to be really pretty! Love the name Sand and Sea.

    -Soma

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the heart and woven blocks. The pj bottoms are sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful heart blocks and what fun with the large gathering of family and friends. Memorable!

    ReplyDelete