Friday, July 28, 2017

Long Overdue Post

It seems like forever - and yet only yesterday - that I last posted.  The month has flown past but we have been busy with lots of wonderful family times.  The sewing has been slow and in bits and pieces, but that is fine too.

I've been trying to keep up with the Sew All Around QAL that has been running on Quilts My Way this summer.  I am enjoying doing all of the circles that Gosia has been challenging us with in her patterns.  This one was all about waves.





Other bits of sewing have been my Gridster Bee Blocks.  I have enjoyed being able to work ahead a bit on these.  These blocks are for Lisa on IG @nymblefyngers.  She requested little tree blocks.  The pattern can be found HERE.


I need to catch up on the Temperature Quilt, but this is what the year has looked like up into the middle of July.



We recently returned from our annual fishing trip in the Sierras.  It was absolutely gorgeous this year after the wonderful rains we had.  Of course, there is still quite a bit of snow in the area.  Our son actually skied one of the mornings before fishing!  The scenery was spectacular as we fished at 9700 feet elevation.  There is nothing like have a line in the water as you take in that sight.  




Our best fisherman with his 4#8oz. trout.

My favorite part is watching and enjoying the interaction of all of the grandchildren.  It's not as though they aren't together frequently since they live locally, but they aren't together 24/7 like they are when we are away.  

Part of the gang who attended.  



  
DD came over and helped me put up the pickles for the summer.  Everyone wanted to help so we found jobs for everyone.





As we say goodbye to July we welcome August.  Christmas will be here before we know it.  Happy August!














19 comments:

  1. Beautiful family, Mary!!! I just love your circle wave quilt!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your fishing trip photos are beautiful. How nice that so many of your family members could go. Time with family is priceless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That pickle making looks so fun! I will have to add grandchildren next time I make them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Always enjoy seeing all your beautiful family shots..
    My favorite one is of the little one sitting on the rocks...
    Her gorgeous dirty face looks just like my GGC..LOL
    Pickling together looks like fun too !!
    Oh those circles do look challenging, love the fabrics..
    Sweet Tree blocks for your Bee..

    ReplyDelete
  5. the circle/wave quilt is quite unique! Love what you did with the back too. What size do you think the temperature quilt will end up? The colors are very soothing. Family time is the best and it's wonderful when the cousins can spend time together often. I wish that trout was in my house!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your quilts are lovely. Your family trip looks like so much fun, and your grandchildren will have so many lovely memories of it growing up. You are truly blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How wonderful to be a part of that family! Your memories of being/doing together are precious. Love the mountain scenery~ And that wave circle quilt is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a beautiful family! I read you about time and blogging! As always, your quilts are lovely! Cheeers!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What fun, Mary! I'm sure the memories from these gatherings will last forever and I bet there are a lot of good stories to tell...especially about the big trout that didn't get away!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What gorgeous scenery on your Sierra trip--I'll bet you loved having a lot of grilled fish for dinner! Fun to see pictures of the good work you are doing, not only with quilts, but also with raising pickle-makers!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really love your version of the "On The Wave" quilt.Great quilting, Mary !!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your quilts are beautiful! I love the wave one. Your vacation looks like an amazing place to visit and it is obvious from the smiles that everyone had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The waves quilt is so pretty. The colors are really nice.

    Looks like everyone had a great time on the fishing trip. So funny to see the kids in shorts with snow on the mountains in the background.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your wavy circle quilt.
    Your family fishing trip looks like tons of fun. You have quite a fisherman.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I loved your post about the family vacation. I would have trouble in that altitude. I have trouble with my asthma when I go to Albuquerque to see my daughter. Albuquerque is a mile high city like Denver is and I huff and puff there. My son and I drove out their with his two children in June. It's the first time the two younger of each of my children had seen each other and the two older ones didn't remember each other at all. All four children (ages 4 - 11) got along fabulously. I was surprised. The kids here didn't want to come home. I'm going in November to keep those kids while my daughter and her husband go to Italy with some others on a pilgrimage. I'm haven't found temp info I need. I've written to one of the TV stations. I'm still favoring stars for that project. Thanks for interesting posts. Susan

    ReplyDelete
  16. Never a dull moment with a large and beautiful family. I love your get together vacation photos. :o) Your wave quilt is stunning and I love the simplicity of the circles on the back. Great quilting too.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your curve piecing is amazing, Mary! Looks like printed on one piece of fabric. Beautiful!! The blocks look lovely, great choice of background. The temperature quilt is coming along nicely. The Sierras do look beautiful. Skiing in July?!! Love that it got so much snow this year. Lovely photos of the boys and girls. Growing up as an only child, I did miss the company of cousins and siblings. So glad they have each other!!

    -Soma

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi,Thanks for your Blog!Really like your curve piecing!Love the precious post of the Quilt with the stars>so attractive! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete