Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Midweek Roundup

It has been a crazy week here, but I am determined to try and get a post off before the week is completely gone.  We've actually been home for dinner only one night in the last 9 days! 

Needless to say, there has not been much sewing time either, but I did manage to get my mini pineapple quilt done for the Minis and More monthly project.  I love making this block.  Eventually I would like to make a quilt full of them, but this month we just made a mini. 



I also was able to sew up three Spoke blocks for Block Lotto for this month.  I hope to do more, but time will tell.



I am part of a small group called Sewing With Friends.  Last year we did a row by row robin and my returned quilt has been languishing in my UFO pile.  I finally dug it out to work on it.  I wanted to add one more row to make it a nice sized throw.  I will add borders and finish it up, but this is where I am with it at the moment.  The end row of stars is the row that I just added.  LOVE the colors of it. 




While gardening this past weekend, we came across this little surprise in the geraniums.  The baby bunny did not stand much of a chance.



Since there is not much sewing going on here, I'll share some of the blooms in the garden. 






Happy Memorial Day weekend to all those in the United States.  It is a time to remember all of those families who have sacrificed so much for our freedoms.  I am humbled and thankful.


19 comments:

  1. Your yellow, black and grey quilt is very pretty. The pineapple block is great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your gardens are beautiful, and so is that pineapple block. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I saw a surprise like that in the garden I might never go out there again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your row exchange quilt is lovely. Also your pineapple. Gorgeous flowers too, but not too sure of the scaly creature you found,

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your row by roe is gorgeous Mary! My, my..was that a Python in your garden? Our son used to have one here in the house...never again...lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your row by row quilt! The little bit of yellow adds such light... it looks like bursts or flashes. Beautiful. The pineapple mini is adorable. I really want to make one of those ... and a strawberry. It could be a fruit salad of minis! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely stitching....but the SNAKE?!?!?!? YIKES! RUN FOR THE HILLS!!!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. The grey and yellow is such a beautiful combo. And what a lovely collaborative quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You know how much I love the pineapple quilt :) And I really like the colors you are using in your row by row. This will make a nice throw.

    The garden looks lovely...except for the snake.

    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. There is no moss growing under you, Mary LOL! I love the colors of your row by row! Eek...you might have to wear protective armour when you're out in your gorgeous garden!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful flowers, wonderful patchwork (and poor, poor bunny). Have a wonderful Memorial Day weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fun spoke blocks and a very tasty pineapple mini. I remember your row by row and love it. Can't wait to see the finish. I'm sure you'll be more excited about it than anyone. :o) So many beautiful flowers...

    ReplyDelete
  13. It always amazes me how you always find a little time to sew such beautiful projects. The pineapple mini is super cute, love the quilting and the binding. Cute blocks. The Sewing With Friends top looks beautiful. I can’t wait to see how you quilt that one. Gorgeous flowers, and such pretty colours, Mary! Love the oranges ones. Happy Memorial Day weekend to you too!

    -Soma

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your flowers are beautiful! Your mini very cute! The snake scary.

    ReplyDelete
  15. You flowers are just gorgeous! Love the yellow quilt and the pineapple, not sure about that snake...guess we all have to eat, huh?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. It's good that you posted those beautiful flowers after the snake/bunny pic. Great pic, but so sad! I love the colors in your UFO...beautiful! I have so many unfinished quilts that need some sewing done on them. Maybe in my next life! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love your row by row! I haven't quilted in 2 1/2 years while we went through the big move. If you can believe it, I just got my sewing area set up and organized! I need to find a group of ladies to do a row by row with and get back in the hang of everything.

    The temperature quilt looks interesting.. will have to stroll back through your blog and see what that is all about. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. You have been busy! Love your pineapple project! So cute! I've never tried the method to save bleeding quilts in your newer post, but I did save it for future reference. Thanks for sharing the link!

    ReplyDelete