Saturday, May 6, 2017

Happy May

Here we are in May!  How did we get here so quickly?  May also means that my month for being the queen bee for our Gridster bee is NEXT month.  That means I need to get my act together and make a choice as to what I want my fellow bee mates to stitch for me. 

I have so enjoyed each of the blocks that have been chosen this year.  We've had pigs, bees and pineapples in the mix.  Such fun!  I've been playing around with a couple of blocks that I thought might interest me.  I admired the kaleidoscope block from Crazy Mom Quilts and made a few to test them out. 

Crazy Mom Quilts Kaleidoscope free block in her Craftsy shop.

Next up I tried a Confetti Star block that was a choice in our bee from last year.  I loved it when we did it and found all of the completed stars stunning together. 

Confetti Star free block by Amy Friend, duringquiettime.com

I finally tried a totally scrappy strip block, but it did not do much for me.  I think it would be a fun strippy block pattern, but not for my bee choice.  In the end I decided that I will use the Confetti Star block.  It will be fun to get different stars from fabrics not in my stash.



One more month of geese is completed for my Temperature Quilt 2017.  As you can see, there were no blues in this month - definitely a warmer month.  May is also looking good so far with the oranges in there, but today is cooler and drizzly.  ;-(

Temperature Quilt 2017

I managed to finally get my En Provence top quilted this week.  The binding is stitched down and I will now spend some quiet time hand stitching it down.  This was such a pretty Bonnie Hunter QAL this year. 


May is always such a busy month in our household with seven birthdays, Mother's Day and our anniversary.  There will also be five graduations as well as a Confirmation and First Communion.  It will be endless celebrating here. 

20 comments:

  1. It sounds like a tremendously busy month for you! Those confetti star blocks are fun--they will make a great quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Merry Month of May will be very busy with all those wonderful celebrations. Confetti Star looks very cheerful. Cold all day here and now sprinkling. We went from Summer and 90F to Winter 50sF overnight. Celebrate all the JOY...<3

    ReplyDelete
  3. May is always such a busy time, full of fun with all those family celebrations. I think the confetti stars will make a super cute quilt, though the kaleidoscope block is also very enticing. En Provence is a fabulous finish!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Busy lady!!! You can't go wrong with the Confetti star block, but they are all lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great choice on your bee block. I love the quilting on the piece you displayed the blocks on.
    Good for you getting your En Provence quilted. It looks lovely. I'm making a small one with a friend. We may start sewing pieces into blocks this week.
    Your flying geese are looking beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sure will be a busy month for you .... such fun with your beautiful family.
    Lucky you have chosen your bee block. The Confetti Star ⭐️ will be a great block.
    You will enjoy relaxing while you Stitch down the binding on your lovely En Province.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yippee! I was rooting for the Confetti Star, out of the choices you presented, so I'm looking forward to next month and your turn at Queen Bee. Fun to see your En Provence quilt all sewn up. At our next retreat we may have three of them, as I know Lisa finished hers. We are having a drizzly day here too...our last "winter" before summer hits?

    ReplyDelete
  8. WooHoo! Nice to see En Provence finally quilted! Great quilting design, too. Are you going to use one of the neutrals for the binding? Those geese are beginning to look too orange for me; I am happy to be heading toward yellow right now!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So many celebrations in one month? Wow! When you will find time for sewing, Mary ?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pretty blocks! Love the stars and pinwheels.....like you, the last isn't my favorite....reminds me of that plus/minus block I had so much trouble with a few years ago! Hope all went well with your Tuesday procedure.......hugs

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your "En Provence" looks lovely! I am nearly there with the piecing (at last) and the fact that others are still working on their quilts is great inspiration and encouragement! Enjoy May! Lynne.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your star blocks are going to make a beautiful quilt. I love the fabric choices you used in the samples. I delivered my En Provence quilt to my sister in law this past weekend and she loves it. Your quilt is gorgeous. Happy celebrating!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So many celebrations and fun for your family this month. I hope you all enjoy it very much.

    All of the blocks look nice and I love how your En Provence turned out.

    ReplyDelete
  14. So many choices for the block. I like the confetti stars. Love seeing you and your sister's temperature blocks. They are so neat. En Provence is gorgeous, love the quilting. So many happy celebrations this month enjoy the time with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Those are you test blocks?! They are so pretty. Love seeing your progress on the Temperature quilt and I can't wait to see your En Provence quilt. I love to hand stitch binding, very relaxing. So many joyous occasions! Have a wonderful time celebrating. A Very Happy Anniversary to both of you!!

    -Soma

    ReplyDelete
  16. OMG you are one busy lady! Enjoyed your post

    ReplyDelete
  17. I find May very busy also. We only have 6 birthdays, but still. Lots of other things going on.
    The star block will be great for your bee. I really like the kaleidoscope block also.

    ReplyDelete
  18. It will be fun to see the blocks you receive and what you decide to do with them.

    ReplyDelete
  19. For a busy month, you accomplished quite a bit of sewing. They all looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow, such pretty scrappy blocks and that Bonnie Hunter mystery quilt is just a stunner!!

    ReplyDelete