Friday, August 6, 2010

Friday Finals

Wow....where did this week go?  It won't be long before school is back in session for the kids here.  I remember those days of getting ready to go back to school.  How about you?

This week I have worked on a couple of fun projects.  One is a small wall quilt for my grandson.  About six years ago he made some notecards and sent me one with a thank you note written on it.  At the time, I thought it would make a good quilt and kept it on my "future projects" board.  SewCalGal is having a Pets on Quilts display this week and I thought it would be fun to tackle my project.  Having raised four sons, I know that captured snakes are always going to be one of those pets that I would dread having around.  Thankfully we never had a rattlesnake, but there were many other "sorts" that resided here for short periods of time.  Soooo....here is my snake quilt!!!!!  I am showing it with the notecard so you can see from where I got my inspiration.



I will now give it to my grandson for his new room.  A thirteen year old boy should appreciate this one.

Now....about that story that I was going to tell you from my last post! It truly is funny what blogging can do for you.


One of the first blogs that I followed was Dawn. Over the years we have also e-mailed back and forth and discovered that we lived in many of the same places, but at different times in our lives. A few weeks back I blogged that I had gone to my 45th high school reunion. Dawn wrote that she must be the same age as her 45th reunion was also this year. She also wrote that she was not attending hers as it involved travel. I nonchalantly asked her where she had gone to school. As it turns out, we both went to the same school - again not at the same time. It was a small town in Nebraska and we lived there several years while my dad was in school. It turns out that she knew several of the girls that I had known waaaaay back when I was a youngster. Mind you, we moved to CA when I was ten years old. To make a long story shorter, Dawn has contacted several of these people and we have woven the most incredible story by pulling in what everyone remembers. I have also involved my mom who is just enthralled with the whole idea and has also added more to the story. Had my family not moved we would have been in the same class. Talk about a small, small world!!!! I am a little worried about one gal who remembered my WHOLE name!!!! It must have been my flaming red ringlets that she remembers.  Hmmm!  Ahh....to have them again.

This week was also the Christening of our newest granddaughter.  Family events like those are always cherished. 






We were able to get a picture of the four generations - my daughter, my mother, myself and the newest girl ( a little grumpy) in the family. 


19 comments:

  1. That's an incredible story!!
    beautiful picture! And the priests robe is really, really something! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must agree that the story is just incredible!
    Sweet little one....someday I just might get one in our family....blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love those pictures and the snake quilt is cute

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the snake quilt how fun that it is his design. What a neat story. Maybe someday I'll find that with somebody, being the a military brat we moved a time or too. Love the 4 generation shot! Makes me wish my mom's mom was still alive and i had a girl though I do have some great ones of us with my boys.

    ReplyDelete
  5. that is so amazing! I can just picture your red ringlets....Your new baby granddaughter is so pretty.....grouchy and all.....I love the three generation picture...it is just so wonderful.....

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun story...how small the world really is.

    Love your little one and the generation picture, I know you are so proud.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great story, it is amazing how these things happen and how God brings people together who have connections way back. I love your snake quilt and the beautiful Christening photos...such a pretty 'generation' picture!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! What a small world :o) The four generations photo is precious! We have a few four-generation photos from when my oldest daughter was a baby. We will have to wait for the next generation to take four-generation photos on my side of the family again... Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. lovely story about old friends...and the christening looks like it was very special

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's really a small world. Love the snake quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a lovely story about Dawn and you. It is a small world.
    Love the photos of the baby's christening.Especially the one of your DD holding the babe over the font.
    So wonderful to have the four generations photo. I have one I treasure as Mum is no longer with us.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, great story. It is a small world. When I hear stories like this, it always reminds me of Kevin Bacon's 6 degrees of separation. I am not sure if you are familiar with it, but it basically states that you are only 6 people away from everyone else.

    Love the pic of four generations. You are very lucky.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I loved this post! The new baby is beautiful! Thanks for your visit and kind words. Hugs, Kerrie

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's such an amazing story! I will post about it soon as well. How did we "meet" each other anyway??

    ReplyDelete
  15. Mum looks so proud at the font. This is a beautiful 4 generation family photo and I like your profile pic.

    ReplyDelete
  16. The generation picture is way special. What a blessing to have a daughter and still have your mom.

    I love to visit your blog. It looks like you are doing some fun swaps!

    I do appreciate your comments on my blog. I wasn't sure about this blogging thing but now know I am hooked. I need to spend more time learning rather than reading blogs... but it is so much fun... and your blog is on the top of my list. I laughed about the pink thingy and blue one. :) I just enjoyed it all.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great story...
    It's hard to forget redheads. I still remember the redhead in my classes too and she was the shyest person I have ever met. I remember her full name too! Anyway, what a wonderful picture of the four generations. Lovely.
    I like your little snake quilt too.

    ReplyDelete